|Board Member Tom Grey with Joyce Carta & Marilyn Varnberg|
It was incredibly powerful to be with so many people who have dedicated their lives to helping greyhounds. Thousands of dogs have found loving homes as a direct result of their efforts, and they are true heroes. The adoption advocates we honored included:
- Marilyn Varnberg, Founder, Greyhound Adoptions of Florida
- Sally Allen, President, USA Defenders of Greyhounds
- Kelly Faircloth, President, Greyhound REscue and Adoptions of Tampa Bay
- Judy Paulsen, President, Greyhound Companions of New Mexico
- Bob Smith and Barbara Davenport, Founders, The Homestretch Greyhound Rescue & Adoption
- David Wolf, Founder, National Greyhound Adoption Program
Finally, the best way to honor these selfless advocates is to consider adopting a greyhound yourself. To find an adoption group near you, please visit our Greyhound Adoption page.
If you are able to take home a new greyhound friend, you will be glad you did. My rescued greyhound Zoe brings me joy each and every day!