|Jake runs on the beach
- According to statistics from the National Greyhound Association, for the first six months of 2012 the number of dogs registered to race has declined by 14% when compared to a year ago.
- During the same time period, the number of greyhound litters reported to the National Greyhound Association has declined by 4%.
- The membership of the National Greyhound Association has declined by 16% over the last year, and now represents only 1,226 individuals nationwide.
- According to state statistics, the amount gambled on pari-mutuel wagering at Florida dog tracks in Fiscal Year 2011-2012 declined for the seventh consecutive year.
- In July 2012, the amount gambled on pari-mutuel wagering at Florida dog tracks was down by $1.6 million when compared to July 2011.
While these new statistics are good news for greyhounds, we must continue fighting for the dogs. At GREY2K USA, we will work hard until the cruelty of greyhound racing ends everywhere. We are making progress, but there is a lot still left to do.