- The fantastic blog by GREY2K USA Vice President Jennifer Krebs, Living the Greyt Life, has been nominated for a DogTime Pettie Award in the category of Best Cause Related Blog. Jennifer's blog is one of the best greyhound sites on the internet, and I am hopeful she will take take home the prize. Please take a moment to vote for Living the Greyt Life today, and ask your friends to do the same. Voting ends on July 29, and it is my understanding that DogTime allows readers to vote daily.
- Thanks to the hard work of greyhound advocate Trudy Baker and her group, Greyt Exploitations, one of the most notorious greyhound breeders in the United Kingdom has been forced out of the industry. Bravo!
- The bribery trial of Alabama dog track owner Milton McGregor is about to enter its sixth week. If the allegations about McGregor are true, he should face a stiff penalty for his alleged corruption.
- In New Zealand, the Labour party called for millions in additional government subsidies for dog and horse racing. Hopefully other political parties, and ultimately the voters, will hold them accountable for this reckless proposal.
- An Australian dog track plans on handing out a "free pack of lollies" and other candy to patrons as part of a "family fun" promotion event. Free gambling vouchers will be handed out, and the track will have "plenty of activities organised to keep the children entertained" while their parents gamble. This misguided promotion underlines the profit-first perspective of the dog racing industry.
- If you haven't already, please check out the funniest greyhound blog I have come across, Ironicus Maximus. This site is also a good place to look if you are considering adopting a greyhound. Each week, Ironicus Maximus highlights a greyhound that needs a home, like Jetta.
Post a Comment